Descriptions A Handbook for Corporate Information Professionals PDF
Read A Handbook for Corporate Information Professionals book online now. You also can download other books, magazine and also comics. Get online A Handbook for Corporate Information Professionals today. Are you Looking Download or read A Handbook for Corporate Information Professionals for free..? enjoy it.
This edited collection provides a cutting edge overview of issues of key concern for information professionals providing information services in corporate environments. Corporate information professionals serving the workplace rather than learning communities or the general public face specific challenges and demands, from providing competitive intelligence to managing information in a global environment. International contributors working across a variety of sectors pinpoint the key topics facing the corporate information professionals today and share their experiences and expertise.
- how information professionals/libraries fit into the contemporary workplace
- managing the corporate intranet
- the role of the corporate librarian in internal and external marketing
- gaining buy-in for corporate knowledge and information management
- the hybrid librarian/systems specialist
- managing staff and change in a difficult climate, and demonstrating value
- managing information in a global firm; developing corporate taxonomies at a time of change
- working with suppliers/licensing for elibraries
- training end-users
- competitive intelligence searching.
The book will be essential reading for experienced information professionals working in the corporate sector, including professional services firms, government, NGOs, commercial and industrial companies. The book will also be useful to those with a high level of experience and/or seniority, wanting an overview on specific aspects of corporate information management, but will be accessible to more recent entrants to the workplace. It will also be of interest to students of librarianship and those applying for jobs within the sector, as well as the related professions of knowledge management, information architecture and intranet management.