Damn! not again, Nintendo have officially confirmed that they will launch another Nintendo DSi, called LL. Like the rumors been predicting NDSi LL have a screen of 4.2 inch that is almost 24% larger than the new DSI. It comes with a two type of stylus small and long ones. Perhaps the Dsi LL will reach out more to the older generation (mums and dad ).
Dsi LL also have slightly better battery life. For you who owned a DS lite maybe this is the time to upgrade.
The price tag will be 220 US or (22000 Yen) 3000 Yet cheaper then the PSP Go. Not sure if the price will be adjusted for North America release.
The Nintendo DSI LL will comes in four color; Black, Dark Brown, Wine Red and Natural White.
DSi LL, LL means Extra Large is a clothing size in Japan just like XL or XXL. Nintendo is no kidding, the weight of this console will be 348G that is heavier then the old PSP Phat which is 290G lol!!
Bellow is the comparison from Kotaku in compared to NDS Lite, NDSi, NDSiLL
• DSi LL: 4.2 inches
• DSi: 3.2 inches
• DS Lite: 3 inches
• DSi LL (across): 161mm
• DSi (across): 137mm
• DS Lite (across): 133mm
• DSi LL (front to back): 94.4mm
• DSi (front to back): 74.9mm
• DS Lite (front to back): 73.9mm
• DSi LL (thickness): 21.2mm
• DSi (thickness): 18.9mm
• DS Lite: 21.5mm
Touch Pen Size
• DSi LL (short pen): 96mm
DSi LL (long pen): 129.3mm
• DSi: 92mm
• DS Lite: 87.5mm
• DSi LL (including Battery Pack, short Touch Pen): 314g
• DSi (including Battery Pack, Touch Pen): 214g
• DS Lite (including Battery Pack, Touch Pen, GBA Cover): 218g
• DSi LL: 3 hours
• DSi: 2 hours 30 mins.
• DS Lite: 3 hours
• DSi LL (Lowest Brightness): 13~17 hours
• DSi (Lowest Brightness): 9~14 hours
• DS Lite (Lowest Brightness): 15~19 hours
• DSi LL (Second Lowest Brightness): 11~14 hours
• DSi (Second Lowest Brightness): 8~12 hours
• DS Lite (Second Lowest Brightness): 10~15 hours
• DSi LL (Middle Brightness): 9~11 hours
• DSi (Middle Brightness): 6~9 hours
• DS Lite (Middle Brightness): Not setting such exists on DS Lite
• DSi LL (Second Highest Brightness): 6~8 hours
• DSi (Second Highest Brightness): 4~6 hours
• DS Lite (Second Highest Brightness): 7~11 hours
• DSi LL (Highest Brightness): 4~5 hours
• DSi (Highest Brightness): 3~5 hours
• DS Lite (Highest Brightness): 5~8 hours
• DSi LL: Nintendo DS, DSi, DSiWare
• DSi: Nintendo DS, DSi, DSiWare
• DS Lite: Nintendo DS, Game Boy Advance
Input Outport Slots
• DSi LL: DS Card Slot, SD Memory Card Slot, AC Adaptor, Headphones, Mic
• DSi: DS Card Slot, SD Memory Card Slot, AC Adaptor, Headphones, Mic
• DS Lite: DS Card Slot, Game Boy Advance Slot, AC Adaptor, Headphones, Mic
While this will be out in Japan next month, Europe will follow in Q1 2010. With a price “higher than the DSI”. Not sure about American or Australian DSi LL release date yet.
The sad thing is just bought myself a DSI not long ago.. and this one came 🙁
siggh.. technology advancement.. will never end…