Descriptions Network Security Fundamentals book
Read Network Security Fundamentals book online now. You also can download other books, magazine and also comics. Get online Network Security Fundamentals today. Are you Looking Download or read Network Security Fundamentals for free..? enjoy it.
An introduction to the key tools and technologies used to secure network access
- Examine common security vulnerabilities and the defenses used to protect network resources
- Learn about cryptography, including modern-day techniques like 3DES, RSA, hashing, and the use of certificates
- Learn how to design, adopt, and enforce security policies
- Evaluate the nuances of secure network design
- Secure HTTP traffic by hardening operating systems, servers, and browsers
- Protect routers through administrative access policies and services
- Understand what firewalls do and how to implement them to maximum effect
- Inspect and monitor network activity with IDS
- Utilize VPNs for secure remote access
- Learn about PKI technologies
- Examine secure wireless design techniques
- Use logging and auditing tools, such as syslog, SNMP, RMON, and SAA, to manage network traffic
Companies have long been struggling with threats from the hacking community. Keeping pace with the rapid evolution of security technology and the growing complexity of threats is a challenge even in the best of times. The increased focus on security has sent IT managers and engineers scrambling to acquire the proper expertise to implement complex, multilayered solutions.
Network Security Fundamentals introduces the topic of network security in an easy-to-understand and comprehensive manner. This book is designed to provide a fundamental understanding of the various components of a network security architecture and to demonstrate how each component can be implemented to achieve best results. The book uses straightforward language to introduce topics and to show the features, mechanics, and functionality of various network security devices. A series of case studies helps illuminate concepts and shows how you can apply the concepts to solve real-world problems.
Divided into four parts, Network Security Fundamentals takes you on a tour of all the essential technologies and modern defenses at your disposal to help you maintain network uptime and data integrity. Part I covers the basics, introducing terms and concepts and laying the foundation of a solid security structure. The discussion focuses on weaknesses and vulnerabilities along with an overview of the traditional defenses used to thwart attacks. Part II examines two components of security-cryptography and security policies. Part III looks at the various security components. Separate chapters cover web security, router security, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), remote access security, virtual private networks (VPN), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), wireless security, and logging and auditing. Each chapter in this section is a self-contained tutorial, allowing you to skip to those topics of greatest interest or primary concern. Part IV includes several reference appendixes, including the Cisco SAFE Blueprint, NSA guidelines, and SANS policies.
Whether you are looking for an introduction to network security principles and practices or a security configuration reference, this book provides you with the invaluable insight you need to protect valuable company resources.
Credit by :mynetcell.biz